JRC JMA-9900 series ARPA/Radar is developed to enhance the radar performance, user-friendly operation and visibility, which meet the performance standards of radar, ARPA and AIS information indication, which are specified in IMO. The JMA- 9900 main functions include; sea and rain/snow clutter suppression, sensitivity adjustment, interference reflector, bearing and range measurement using a trackball, fixed/variable range markers and electronic bearing line, ARPA, and AIS information function. In addition, this has the functions of color display setting, own track display, NAV line and mark display, True Motion presentation, radar performance monitoring and built-in switchover function (Inter-switch) up to 2 radars.
The software-based signal processing of JMA-9900 series radar will provide a superior visibility with automatic control of gain, tune, anti-sea-clutter and anti-rain-clutter, which are adjusted for suitable radar condition. Furthermore the enhanced echo-image processing will provide stable target-tracking condition with reducing target loss and transfer to close-by another target.
- Tilt-type display bringing superior visibility and effective shading of sunlight
- 23.1-inch color LCD providing easy interpretation with clear vision
- Trackball available for pointing and clicking operation
- Dedicated and user keys contributing stress-free operation
- Suppression of sea and rain-clutter adjusted automatically
- Stable ARPA target-tracking on superior signal processing
Compliance with IMO performance standards
The X / S-band, 2-unit / 3-unit, 25 / 30kW, 23.1-inch LCD system conforms to IMO performance standards.
Full Inter-switch Function
Full inter-switching option up to 4 radars. This means that when 4 radars are mounted, any radar can be operated from any of the displays using external inter-switch. 2 Radar Interswitching is also option component available for built-in.
23.1-inch color TFT display with high resolution.
The 23.1-inch LCD monitor has dimmer that can dim up to approximately 1% of the brightness, making it possible to use the radar during the night.
Bridge system accommodation
Ergonomic console can be easily combined with the ECDIS and the Conning Display allowing for an Integrated Navigation System.
Enhanced Performance and Functionality
- The software-based digital signal processing of JMA-9900 series radar will provide a superior visibility with automatic control of gain, tune, suppression of sea and rain / snow clutter.
- The enhanced echo-image processing will provide stable target-tracking condition with reducing target loss and transfer to close-by another target.
AIS information and interfacing
AIS information and symbols are available to be shown with radar targets on the screen of radar, which is linked with AIS equipment. The cooperation with AIS and radar targets helps decision making of proper maneuvering and safety navigation.
Simple keyboard and trackball bringing easy operation
- Basic operations and major functions can be operated with the fewest number of carefully chosen direct keys. Particularly, the function that will be frequently accessed is capable to be given to user key.
- The trackball and on-screen-buttons are available for quick access to the function control desired.
- The optical sensor of trackball eliminates false movement from ship's vibration or rolling.